Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular dental procedure in Australia and not only. Even though many home-use methods are available, a professional procedure will be performed in a sterile environment and under the close supervision of a specialist. Not long ago, teeth whitening was considered a relatively expensive procedure and not many people could afford it. However, today, this treatment is more than affordable and everybody can benefit from it, in a professional manner. In the following we will present the process of professional teeth whitening and we will explain how can you perform a procedure like that.
1) Are There Any Restrictions?
2) Pre Whitening Preparations
3) A Standard Professional Teeth Whitening Procedure
- With a cheek retractor, the dentist will highlight the esthetic zone, observing the teeth that are visible when you open your mouth/smile.
- The dentist applies a special substance on the gums, so they won’t get irritated by the bleaching.
- A first layer of bleaching gel is applied, and it will be left on the teeth for 15-30 minutes.
- The bleaching gel will be washed off and another layer will be applied for 15-30 minutes.
- The dentist will perform a check, to observe if the teeth whitened properly. If not, then another bleach layer will be applied.
- Now, the procedure is finished and the cheek retractors will be removed. At the beginning, your teeth will look whiter than your desired color, but everything will be perfect after 1 or 2 days.